Soft Parmesan Pretzels with Warm Beer-Cheese Dip
- 1 (13.8 ounce) tube refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 ounces Stella® Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Warm Beer-Cheese Dip Recipe or prepared mustard
Warm Beer-Cheese Dip
- 6 ounces lager or amber-style beer
- 1 (8 ounce) package Crystal Farms Cream Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces Laack Brothers Roasted Red Pepper Jack cheese, shredded (3 cups)
- Soft or hard pretzels
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two 15 x 10-inch baking pans with
- Pretzels: Unroll pizza crust on a lightly floured
surface. Cut dough widthwise into 12 strips, each about 1-inch wide.
Carefully stretch each strip into a 24-inch rope. Form each rope into a
U shape. Overlap ends, twisting once. Fold ends down; press ends tightly
onto the bottom of U to secure pretzel shape.
- Bring water and baking soda to a boil in a Dutch oven over high
heat, stirring occasionally.
- Drop pretzels, two at a time, into the boiling water. Boil for 30
seconds, submerging pretzels in boiling water. Remove with a slotted
spatula; drain on paper towels. Transfer to prepared pans; brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine parmesan and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Sprinkle each pretzel with about 1 tablespoon parmesan mixture.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes longer or until pretzels are golden brown.
- Serve warm with Warm Beer-Cheese Dip or mustard.
- Warm Beer-Cheese Dip: Bring beer just to a boil in
a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cream cheese and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in roasted red pepper jack until melted.
- Serve warm with pretzels.
Yield: 12 pretzels | 2 cups dip
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes