Spiced Nut Mix
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 (12 ounce) cans salted peanuts
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts;
stir gently to coat.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt; add to nut mixture and
stir gently to coat. Fold in raisins. Spread into two greased 15
x 10-inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered at 300 degrees F for 20 to
25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: about 10 cups