Crunchy, spicy and totally addictive - this fabulous blend of tortilla
chips, popcorn, cereal and nuts is the ultimate party mix. Best
of all, the recipe makes a big batch - plenty for lots of lucky munchers.
- 4 cups tortilla chips, broken into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 bag (3 to 3.5 ounce) microwave popcorn, popped (8 to 9 cups)
- 1 can (12 ounce) mixed cocktail nuts
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, optional
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine tortilla chips, cereal, popcorn and nuts in large roasting
- Combine corn syrup, butter, brown sugar, chili powder, cinnamon
and red pepper (if using) in small saucepan; heat to boiling. Pour
over cereal mixture in pan, stirring to coat.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring
every 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn onto sheet of wax paper
- Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Yield: 18 cups
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 5/15/02 10:17:43 am.
Source: Ladies' Home Journal