Traditional Chex Mix
This is the recipe that's been a favorite for years. There is play room for ingredients in this recipe. I usually substitute tiny pretzel sticks or tiny pretzel shapes for one of the Chex cereals. I usually double the recipe because nine cups is simply not enough. If you double the recipe, you will want to use a large foil turkey roasting pan because it will not fit into a shallow
roasting pan. This is addictive! A variation of this recipe is called Nuts and Bolts.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (I always use butter)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups Bran Chex cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Heat butter in a large shallow roasting pan (about 15 x 10 x 2 inches)
in oven until melted.
- Stir in seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add Chex and nuts. Mix until all pieces are coated.
- Heat in oven for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Spread on absorbent paper to cool.
Source: Chex Party Mixes, Snacks & Candies, published by the Ralston Purina
Company in 1980 - the photograph is from that recipe booklet.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes