Delicious Idaho Potato slices generously dusted with a mixture of spices, including
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 large Idaho® potatoes (12 ounces to 14 ounces each)
- Canola or other non-hydrogenated
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon
- Peel potatoes and slice into desired shape (1/2-inch sticks, wedges or 1/8-inch
thick chips); rinse and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or deep-sided saucepan to 275 degrees F and blanch potatoes
5 minutes, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Drain and set aside until ready to serve.
- Mix together dry seasonings.
- Increase oil temperature to 350 degrees F. Cook fries until golden brown, 3 to
4 minutes for sticks and wedges and 1 to 2 minutes for chips.
- Sprinkle hot fries with seasoning mix.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Brown Michael, Corporate Chef, Metro Restaurants
Recipe and photo credit:
Idaho Potato Commission.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Snack Recipes