Zesty Texas Snack Mix
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup hot red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- 2 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups Ritz Bits mini cheese crackers
- 2 cups Corn Nuts
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel goldfish
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup Texas pecan halves
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large shallow baking dish, melt butter. Add red pepper sauce,
Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and oregano; stir.
- In a large bowl, combine Fritos, Crispix, Ritz Bits, Corn Nuts,
pretzel Goldfish, pumpkin seeds and pecans. Add mixture to melted
butter mixture in baking dish; toss to coat thoroughly.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool completely, store tightly covered.
Yield: 12 cups