Black Bean and Onion Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup black beans, rinse and drain
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 ounce spinach leaves, stemmed and washed
- 4 tablespoons non/low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 6 cups water
- In a 4-quart pot, combine the beans, onion, celery, green onions, garlic, ginger,
and pepper to taste. Add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally
Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Place the spinach leaves in a sauté pan at medium-high heat. Stir for 2 to 4
minutes. Chop the cooked spinach; set aside.
- Stir the spinach into the soup and mix well. Spoon sour cream into the center
of each serving, and sprinkle with cilantro.
Makes 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Soup Recipes