Curried Lentil Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lentils, uncooked
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large saucepan, heat oil; sauté onion and garlic until soft. Stir in curry
powder; sauté 1 for minute.
- Add broth, water, tomatoes, lentils, carrots and wine. Simmer,
uncovered until lentils are cooked, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in parsley; simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve with sourdough bread.
Serves 8 (1 cup servings).
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Soup Recipes