Ham and Bean Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups College Inn® Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 3/4 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Sauté ham, onion and garlic in butter in a large saucepan until onion is tender.
- Add broth and the next six ingredients; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until
vegetables are tender.
- Add peas and cook for 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Stir in parsley.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 35 min | Total Time: 50 min | 8 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 185 Calories from Fat:
Grams Total Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 30 mg Sodium: 1079 mg Total
Carbohydrates: 18 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 13 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Soup Recipes