Hoppin' John Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 strips uncooked bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 2 (15 ounce cans black-eye peas, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium
- 3 to 4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice (3/4 cup uncooked rice)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook bacon, onion and garlic in large saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes
or until vegetables are tender.
- Add peas with liquid, broth, 1/2 cup water, hot sauce, thyme and bay leaf. Bring
to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Combine rice and parsley in medium bowl.
- Spoon rice evenly into 6 serving bowls.
Ladle soup over rice.
Makes 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Soup Recipes