This Lentil Soup is packed full of nutrition with high levels of vitamin A and
iron - and flavor. Lentils, kale or spinach and brown rice combine to make this
a hearty vegetarian main dish or soup starter.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped
red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup dried
- 4 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon
white wine vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach or kale
cup quick-cooking brown rice
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and
garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are
- Add water, lentils, bouillon and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium;
cover. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in spinach and rice; cover. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; uncover.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Makes: 4 to 6 servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 60 minutes
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Soup Recipes