Sausage Bean Soup
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and garlic until the sausage is browned; drain.
- Add beans, tomatoes, broth and basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings