Smoky Chicken White Bean Soup
Chicken soup recipe with cannellini beans, mushrooms, seasoned tomatoes, baby
spinach and bacon.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed, divided
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlicand Oregano, undrained
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
- Heat large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon; cook for 5 minutes
or until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add chicken and mushrooms; cook for 5 to 7 minutes
or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place half of drained beans in medium bowl; mash with potato masher
until smooth. Add mashed beans, remaining drained beans, undrained tomatoes, broth
and spinach to saucepan; stir.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Prep Time 30 min. | Total Time 30 min. | Servings 6
Serve Alexia® Artisan French Rolls, prepared according to package directions,
with the soup.
For gluten free preparation, confirm all recipe ingredients are gluten free by
reading product labels each time you make this recipe.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 249
Recipe and photo credit: Conagra Brands, Inc.