Classic minestrone is a tasty crowd-pleaser, but this smoky minestrone recipe
kicks up the flavor by adding a chipotle puree to give the soup an unexpected
and delicious hint of spice. And with leeks, carrots, celery, zucchini, and
greens all added to the mix, it’s a great way to get more vegetables into your
diet. We call that a win-win!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup/4 ounces finely chopped leek
- 1/2 cup/2 ounces finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup/2 ounces finely chopped celery
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 cups/32 ounces no sodium added vegetable stock or chicken or beef
- 2 tablespoons/1 ounce chipotle puree
- 3 ounces mini egg bows or other small pasta
- 8 cups/8 ounces escarole/kale/Swiss chard/spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups/6 ounces zucchini, large dice
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons/1 ounce pesto sauce
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the oil and sauté the
leek, carrot and celery until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, stock, chipotle and pasta. Break up the tomatoes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer until the pasta is done
(about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the greens of choice, zucchini, cannellini beans and pesto.
Cook until the greens are wilted and the zucchini is softened (about 5
- Taste once more and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Divide among 6 bowls.
Yield: 6 servings | Total Time: 45 min
An exclusive Pasta Fits recipe.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): National Pasta
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bean Soup Recipes