Broccoli and onion are simmered in a flavorful curried chicken broth.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 bunches fresh broccoli, trimmed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or lemon)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add broccoli, onion and curry
powder. Sauté a minute or two, but do not allow the onion to brown.
- Add salt, pepper and broth. Stir until mixed. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce
heat and simmer until broccoli is just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then pour half of mixture into blender container. Cover and blend
until smooth. Repeat with remaining mixture. Add lime juice. Reheat and serve.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
Makes 6 servings.