Maryland Crab Bisque
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup minced celery
- 2 (10 ounce) packages white sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 12 ounces crab meat (fresh,
frozen or canned)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- In a 3-quart saucepan melt butter and sauté celery for 5 minutes or until
- Stir in sauce mix. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Add sherry and broth.
Stir over low heat until soup bubbles and thickens slightly.
- Stir in crabmeat; simmer 15 minutes longer.