- 2 to 3 cups chopped sweet Spanish onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Parsley (for garnish)
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In large saucepan sauté onion in butter until soft.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and
sage. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese and Worcestershire sauce, mixing until cheese melts.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to heat and heat gently.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley.
Makes 5 to 6 servings.