Chicken Wild Rice Chowder
- 2 cans College Inn® Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 2/3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 (8.8 ounce) package
ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoons
- Sauté carrots, onion and celery in butter in a large saucepan until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken, rice, half-and-half and pepper; heat through.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 25 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit: College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.