Manhattan Fish Chowder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 fresh fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and chopped
- 1 pound halibut, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery;
cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, or until softened.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds or until
- Add water, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, cayenne, diced tomatoes,
clam juice, carrots, bell pepper, bay leaf and fennel. Bring to a boil;
reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or
until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in halibut; cook for 2 minutes or until fish is opaque.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: about 30 min | Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information: 235 calories, 25 g protein, 4 g total fat (1
g sat., 0 g trans), 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g sugar, 57 mg
cholesterol, 759 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chowder Recipes