Oven Cheese Chowder
- 1/2 pound zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, chopped
(15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced
tomatoes with liquid
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (14
1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (4 ounces)
shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- Additional Monterey jack cheese, optional
- In a 3-quart baking dish, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and bake at
400 degrees F for 1 hour, stirring once.
- Stir in the cheeses and cream. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Top with additional Monterey jack cheese if desired.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings (3 quarts)
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chowder Recipes