- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size shrimp
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups peeled, diced red potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- Peel and de-vein shrimp; set aside.
- Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; cook until tender. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth, water and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat,
and simmer, uncovered, stirring often, 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk, corn and hot sauce; return to a boil. Add reserved shrimp and crabmeat;
cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring constantly.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
Yield: 10 servings