Shrimp Chowder with Bacon Crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 (10-3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 (10-3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (7 ounce) can white or shoe peg corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked small to medium shrimp, reserving a few
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- In a small skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the onion, milk, soups, corn, Creole
seasoning and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Stir in most of the shrimp and cream cheese. Cook 30 minutes longer or
until shrimp are heated through and cheese is melted. Stir to blend.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Top each with a few shrimp, then sprinkle with
Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts)