Southwestern Tortellini Chowder
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 (9 ounce) packages tortellini
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped small
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Lightly steam broccoli, pepper, and corn.
- In large pot bring broth, salsa, and orange peel to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tortellini and vegetables. Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes until tender.
- Tir in milk and salt; cook 1 to 2 minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
- Top each serving with Parmesan cheese and cilantro.