- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups beef bouillon
- 3 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (17 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup water
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and
cook until transparent. Add celery, bouillon, potatoes, tomatoes, corn, carrots,
salt, thyme and celery seed. Bring to boil over medium heat. Cover and simmer 30
minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to soup. Stirring constantly,
bring to boil over medium heat, and boil 1 minute.
Makes about 3 1/2 quarts.