World's Best Clam Chowder
World's Best Clam Chowder is a husband pleaser!
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce cans) clams
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cup diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Drain juice from clams and pour over potatoes. Add enough water to cover. Cook for about 10 minutes then add sugar, vinegar and salt. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Melt butter, sauté celery and onions; then add flour and blend. Add Half-and-Half and milk, stirring constantly. Add potatoes (do not drain) and mix thoroughly. Add clams. Garnish with crisp bacon.
- Serve steaming hot with your favorite bread.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 8/18/02 7:17:54 pm.