Blue Corn Dumplings
- 2 cups blue cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lard or shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Combine cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in lard or shortening until mixture looks like meal.
- Add milk to form a soft, but still stiff, dough.
- Drop mixture by spoonsful into stew. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.