- 2 cups pure buckwheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted shortening
- Combine first 4 ingredients; sift into bowl.
- Combine milk, egg and oil or melted shortening; beat. Add to dry ingredients;
stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop tablespoonsful of mixture into simmering stew. Cover pan tightly; cook until
done, about 15 minutes, without lifting cover.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.