- 1 cup canned whole corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 cup lard or shortening
- Grate corn in a blender.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cornmeal. Cut in lard or shortening. Add milk to form a soft, but still stiff, dough.
- Drop mixture by spoonsful into stew. Cover stew and simmer for 15 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.