Cornmeal Dumplings 2
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture slowly, stirring constantly.
- With a large wooden spoon, shape the dough into 12 equal slightly elongated shapes.
- Poach the dumplings in lightly salted boiling water for about 15 minutes, or
add to stew for the final 15 minutes of cooking.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.