Cornmeal Dumplings 2
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture slowly, stirring constantly.
- With a large wooden spoon, shape the dough into 12 equal slightly elongated shapes.
- Poach the dumplings in lightly salted boiling water for about 15 minutes, or
add to stew for the final 15 minutes of cooking.