Farina Dumplings (Gnocchi alla Romana)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup farina or semolina
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat milk to scald. Reduce heat.
- Stir in farina and cook until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in eggs, margarine, salt and pepper. Beat until smooth.
- Spread in a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until firm.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares or circles. Place overlapping in an ungreased dish.
- Dot with 1/4 cup butter.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. You can brown a little more under the broiler,
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.