Liver Dumplings are the star of the Bavarian specialty "Leberknoedelsuppe" or liver dumpling soup. Liver Dumplings may be served in soup or broth.
- 1/2 pound baby beef liver
- 1 cup cracker or bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Skin the liver and remove tough fiber. Chop fine.
- Cook crumbs and water to a paste. Remove from heat.
- Add egg, liver and seasonings and shape into small balls.
- Drop into boiling soup for 10 minutes before serving. Test for doneness.
Nutrition: Calories: 826kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 63g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 946mg | Sodium: 3197mg | Potassium: 1153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 89210IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 404mg | Iron: 18mg