- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat
- 1/2 cup hot stock
- 3/4 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Beat the egg yolks and chicken fat until thick.
- Pour hot stock over egg yolk mixture and beat well.
- Mix remaining ingredients and stir into wet mixture.
- Beat 2 egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into cracker mixture and chill, covered, 1/2 to 1 hour.
- About 1/2 hour before serving time, form lightly into small balls (wet hands
with cold water). Drop into 6 cups boiling stock. Reduce heat at once to simmer and cook, covered, about 15 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.