- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat
- 1/2 cup hot stock
- 3/4 cup matzo meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Beat the egg yolks and chicken fat until thick.
- Pour hot stock over egg yolk mixture and beat well.
- Mix remaining ingredients and stir into wet mixture.
- Beat 2 egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into cracker mixture and chill, covered, 1/2 to 1 hour.
- About 1/2 hour before serving time, form lightly into small balls (wet hands
with cold water). Drop into 6 cups boiling stock. Reduce heat at once to simmer and cook, covered, about 15 minutes.