Never Fail Dumplings
These Never Fail Dumplings can also be served as a dessert by cooking
in boiling water and serving with pancake syrup or jam drizzled over them.
Make Ahead: Mix up the dry ingredients into batches and store them in zip lock
bags ready to add liquid and the egg when ready to use them.
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium egg
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat the egg well, then add the 6 tablespoons of cold water. Measure the water carefully.
- Add the oil and salt and whisk together.
- Mix the baking-powder and flour together.
- Blend the two mixes into a smooth batter quickly.
- Drop into boiling stew and cover continuing to boil for 15-20 minutes. Try to resist the urge to peek too often - the dumplings will rise and produce a light tender crust - a cold draught will cause them to fall.
Yield: 8 dumplings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/19/01 4:53:32 pm.