Potato Dumplings 2
- 2 cups sliced potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- All-purpose flour
- Hard croutons
- Boil potatoes; peel and put through ricer or coarse sieve.
- Add egg bread crumbs, onion salt, pepper and salt; mix well.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons flour to potato mixture until consistency is that of dough,
but not too sticky.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, putting a hard crouton in center of each.
- Gently drop into rapidly boiling, salted water. Cook for 8 minutes or until dumplings
change in appearance and look fluffy.
Yield: 16 to 18 dumplings