- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Sift flour; measure and sift again with baking powder and seasoned salt. Stir in onion.
- With pastry blender, cut shortening into flour mixture until it resembles cornmeal.
- Add milk and stir until dough forms ball and leaves sides of bowl.
- Turn out on lightly floured board. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into 1/2 x 4-inch strips and drop onto chicken in boiling broth. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.