Rolled Dumplings 2
- 1/3 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 1/3 cups very hot water
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, melt shortening with the hot water. Let cool to warm.
- Add egg and salt and mix well.
- Sift 3 cups of flour into mixture and stir just until mixed.
- Sprinkle a pastry board or work surface with some of the remaining flour. Knead
dough lightly for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll out to a 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough into 2-inch
- Drop dumplings into simmering water or stock, cover and cook 10 minutes.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/25/01 12:20:41 pm.