Killer Shrimp Soup
Serve Killer Shrimp Soup with bread for soaking up the broth.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup butter
cup white wine
- 2 pounds shrimp, with tails
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
- Pour broth into a large pot, and mix in rosemary, garlic, pepper, celery seed,
fennel seed, clam juice, tomato paste and butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat
to low, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir wine into the soup, and continue to simmer and occasionally stir for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in shrimp. Continue cooking 3 minutes, or until shrimp