Maryland Crab Soup
East coast crab soup with chunky pieces of tomato, potatoes, vegetables and
crab for a tasty seafood soup recipe.
- 1 (28 ounce) can Hunt's® Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, Southern style
- 1 1/2 cups Birds Eye® Classic Mixed Vegetables
- 4 teaspoons seafood seasoning blend (such as Old Bay®)
- 2 cups lower sodium beef broth
- 8 ounces refrigerated lump crabmeat
- Hot sauce, optional
- Place undrained tomatoes in medium bowl; break into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3
to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, vegetables and seafood seasoning; stir to combine.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and
cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add crab; cook 3 minutes more or until crab is hot, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Information: 152 calories, 19g Carbs
For gluten free preparation, confirm all recipe ingredients are gluten
free by reading product labels each time you make this recipe.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Conagra Foods, Inc.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.