Shrimp and Cream Cheese Soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet cream butter
- 1 cup chopped green onion tops
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel or shoepeg corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 pound cooked cocktail shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- In a heavy 5-quart soup pot, slowly melt the cream cheese and the butter over
- Add the green onions and gently simmer them for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the potato soup and both cans of corn and continue the simmering process
for an additional 15 minutes.
- Begin stirring in the milk in order to reach the desired consistency, starting
off with half a cup, then adding more if necessary.
- At this point the soup should be nice and thick, having the texture of light
- Just before serving, fold in the shrimp, stir in the seafood seasoning, and heat
the pot to hot and bubbly.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.