Border Avocado Soup
- 2 medium avocados
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons mild chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- Peel avocado and chop the flesh coarsely. Place it into a blender container.
Add chicken broth, chile powder and cumin; blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture
into a saucepan and cook over very low heat until very hot. Do not allow it to boil.
- Pour the avocado mixture into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Stir in the cream, add the
salt and cayenne pepper, and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Pour the soup into individual serving bowls, sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper,
and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.