Chilled Blueberry Soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 quart fresh blueberries, rinsed, stemmed and drained
cup granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sour cream or yogurt (for garnish)
- Bring water to boil in saucepan. Add blueberries, sugar and cinnamon. Cook for
several minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar. At this point you can puree the mixture
in a blender or food processor leave as is. Set aside.
- In small bowl mix cornstarch with enough cold water to make paste. Stir into
warm berry mixture and bring to boil again. Cool; cover and refrigerate.
- Serve well chilled with a tablespoon of sour cream or yogurt atop each bowl of
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, and decorate with mint leaves, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.