Chilled Coconut Tapioca Soup
Although a "soup," this dish is really a dessert. It's cold and
creamy and makes a perfect ending to a summer barbecue.
- 2 ounces small pearl tapioca
- 1 pint water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- Tapioca can scorch very easily. Use your highest quality, heaviest clad saucepan.
First bring the tapioca and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat
and let it rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk sugar, and orange zest and simmer for 15 minutes. Watch the heat
and stir frequently while scraping the bottom. Add the coconut milk and cream and
slowly return it to a boil stirring along the way. As soon as it begins to boil,
pour it into a stainless steel bowl that you've chilled in the freezer or refrigerator.
Cover with plastic wrap. Allow the wrap to actually touch the soup so a film doesn't
- Place it in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.