Cold Mango Rum Soup
- 5 medium mangoes or 4 cups frozen mango puree, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
(fresh or canned)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons golden rum
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Half-and-half or milk (to thin soup)
- Freshly grated nutmeg and coconut
flakes (for garnish)
- If using fresh mangoes, peel, seed and coarsely chop them.
- Working in batches, puree the mango, coconut milk, milk, honey, lemon juice,
cinnamon, rum and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a 2-quart container. Stir in half-and-half to thin soup
to desired consistency (you might need as much as 11/2 cups.) Refrigerate for at
least 2 hours, until thoroughly chilled.
- Before serving, taste the soup for seasoning, adding honey or salt if necessary.
- Divide soup among 4 or 5 chilled bowls.
- Garnish with nutmeg and coconut.
Serves 4 or 5.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.