Cold Orange Soup
- 1 cup citrus juice (made as below)
- Rind of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup granulated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 eggs
- Almonds, finely chopped
- Using a proportion of 3 oranges to 1 lemon, squeeze oranges and lemon to make
1 cup juice. Save the rind of 1 orange.
- To the juice, add sugar and butter, and place in the top of a double boiler.
- Beat the egg yolk with the other two whole eggs, and add to the juice. Turn heat
high and stir constantly until egg-juice mixture is creamy. Put into a large bowl.
- Firmly beat remaining egg white, then gently add it to the soup mixture in the
bowl. Place in refrigerator and chill well.
- Shred the rind of the remaining orange and blanch it for 2 minutes in boiling
- Toast almonds briefly in butter on top of the stove in an iron skillet.
- Serve soup, sprinkling the orange rind and almonds on top of each dish.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.