Cold Orange Soup
- 1 cup citrus juice (made as below)
- Rind of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup granulated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 eggs
- Almonds, finely chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Using a proportion of 3 oranges to 1 lemon, squeeze oranges and lemon to make
1 cup juice. Save the rind of 1 orange.
- To the juice, add sugar and butter, and place in the top of a double boiler.
- Beat the egg yolk with the other two whole eggs, and add to the juice. Turn heat
high and stir constantly until egg-juice mixture is creamy. Put into a large bowl.
- Firmly beat remaining egg white, then gently add it to the soup mixture in the
bowl. Place in refrigerator and chill well.
- Shred the rind of the remaining orange and blanch it for 2 minutes in boiling
- Toast almonds briefly in butter on top of the stove in an iron skillet.
- Serve soup, sprinkling the orange rind and almonds on top of each dish.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Soup Recipes