Cold Sour Cherry Soup
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cups pitted
sour cherries (or canned sour cherries, drained)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup red wine, chilled
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In 2-quart saucepan, combine 3 cups cold water, sugar and cinnamon stick. Bring
to a boil and add cherries. Partially cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes if cherries
are fresh — 10 minutes if canned.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Mix arrowroot and 2 tablespoons cold water into a paste.
Beat paste into soup, stirring constantly. Bring soup almost to a boil. Reduce heat
and simmer until clear and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate until
- Before serving, stir in cream and wine.
- Serve in pre-chilled bowls.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Soup Recipes