Orange Blueberry Soup
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries (2 cups), divided
- 5 cups fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (orange part only)
- 1/2 cup
- 6 mint sprigs
- Rinse and drain blueberries; reserve 12 to 18 berries.
- Bring blueberries, orange juice, honey and cinnamon to boil in a nonreactive
- Dissolve cornstarch in the water. Gradually add to blueberry mixture while
stirring mixture. Bring mixture to boil. Add orange peel.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- For each serving, pour 1 cup into soup bowl and garnish with a swirl of buttermilk,
2 to 3 blueberries and a mint sprig.
Yields 6 servings.