Spiced Cherry Soup
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 whole clove
- 1 grated lime rind
- 1 grated lemon rind
- 1 grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh cherries, pitted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Flavor Sachet: Place cinnamon stick, star anise, clove, and citrus zest in middle of a 4 inch
square cheesecloth. Bring corners together to form a pouch and tie securely. Set aside.
- Soup: Combine the cherries, 3 1/4 cups of water, and sugar in a large saucepan and
bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add flavor sachet.
Cover and let stand 2 hours to blend and bring out the flavors.
- Remove sachet from soup. Pour soup into food processor and blend until smooth.
Strain through large sieve into a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until thoroughly
- Garnish: Serve with garnish of mint sprig.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Soup Recipes