Tomato-Cinnamon Church Soup
This was published in The Meeting House Cookbook of Concord, Massachusetts.
Church members drank it from mugs on unusually icy mornings.
- 3 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large stalk celery with leaves,
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 2 teaspoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Cook all ingredients together, covered, in a saucepan until the vegetables are
soft, about 20 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor or blender. Reduce to thicken or add bouillon to thin.
Serves 4 to 6.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.