No one said that the tomato in a BLT had to be sliced. This fresh soup is quickly
made and goes well with grilled cheese sandwiches.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 slices bacon, crisply-cooked
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14
1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can cooked white beans, (cannellini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Coarsely crumble bacon and set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, stir together tomatoes, broth, beans and seasoning. Bring
to a simmer; stir in vinegar.
- In small bowl, toss together lettuce and basil.
- Ladle soup into large soup plates
or bowls; garnish each serving with crumbled bacon and lettuce and basil.
10 minutes prep | 15 minutes cook | Serves 4
Nutrition: Calories: 240 calories Protein: 12 grams Fat: 9 grams Sodium:
1370 milligrams Cholesterol: 15 milligrams Carbohydrates: 29 grams
Recipe and photograph use with permission from the National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes