Bacon and Baked Potato Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 medium baking potatoes, baked and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled and divided
- 2 tablespoons green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
Add broth, milk, potatoes, salt and pepper; bring just to a boil, stirring constantly.
Slightly crush potatoes with spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes,
- Reserve 2 tablespoons each bacon, cheese and green onions for toppings. Add remaining
bacon, cheese, green onion and sour cream to soup just before serving. Cook until
cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Serve topped with bacon, cheese and green onions.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Meat Soup Recipes